Over the past few days, we've been talking about putting her back on Atopica. Yes, there may be some side effects, but given how depressed she is now, we might be causing more mental illness. I know I would rather have a shorter but happier life, than a long but miserable one. I am just afraid that it may lose it's effectiveness over time, and we'll end up having to deal with the same trouble plus other damages the medicine have caused. We'll probably still wait till the summer is over to make the decision. If the conditions get better during winter, it'll buy us some time to prepare for the next spring. If it remains the same, we'll just have to do whatever it takes to get her out of the cone.
On the bright note, with some diet changes and more exercise, Maya's weight is back to 20.2 pounds. It's a big relief as we definitely don't want to deal with weight issues on top of what we already have in our plates.