Ever since I started agility class, I've been looking for a good treat bag. I got one from the pet shop, but wasn't really satisfied by it. Why? The cloth opening sometimes make it hard to reach for food. If I fold the cloth over, then the food will spill out when I start running. It's also hard to clean if I need to bring wet/greasy treats, like meat balls, cheese, or hot dogs.
During Maya's last playdate with baby HM, one of HM's accessories caught my attention: Munchkin Snack Catcher. It's basically a small cup with a plastic lid that has soft flaps, which is designed so that toddlers can reach in for snacks but food won't spill out if knocked over. This is exactly what I need! I went to Target the next day and got myself a pack of two right away.
For those who may be interested, here are some pros and cons.
- Cheap (about $6 for 2).
- Easy to reach in for the treats.
- Food stays put when running and jumping around.
- The two handlers make it easy to attach to a bag or on the waist.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Can be stored in the fridge.
- Bright baby colors.
- The opening might be a bit too small for those with bigger hands.
- Does not come with a stay fresh type of lid that seals the top, but I did find a soft-spread butter lid that works well with it. I'll just have to remember not to throw it away when I finish the butter.
- Can only hold one type of treats. I guess I can tie both cups on my waist if I have to, though it'll make me look really silly.
I've been using it for more than a week and really loved it. It might not be for everyone, but definitely servered my needs.
Post a Comment